What special I can do for you:
- Up-grade your room with my and hotels' compliments.
- Add value of free breakfast, Food & Beverage credit, SPA or Resort credit, welcome drink, exquisite amenity in the room. Expect flowers, fruit, chocolate & champagne, romantic dinner for two. Get spoilt.
- Ensure that you've got the most competitive rate and red carpet treatment in the hand picked high end properties, loveliest room possible, and no extra charges.
My daily passionate job and professional magic-making routine is:- To VIP and enrich your hotel experience as you never experienced before
My professional tools:
- Tremendous personal connections in luxury hotels worldwide
- Virtuoso network, the most exclusive travel network in the world
- Prestigious membership in Bellini Club, preferred partners' program of Orient-Express
- Advantage of being Preferred Partner of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- First-hand knowledge based on 18 years experience and traveling the glob
Sincerely, Julia Kostina, Renshaw Travel Luxury Hotels Specialist, Member of Virtuoso, Member of Bellini Club, Preferred Partner of Four SeasonsVancouver, Kitsilano, West 4th Avenue.
Nestled against a medieval castle, surrounded by vines, olive groves and forest, Castello Banfi-ll Borgo offers peaceful enchantment at a working vineyard. Savor breathtaking views from any of the hilltop hamlet's 14 rooms; you'll be ensconced between lovingly restored terracotta, wood and brick walls and amidst stylish appointments with modern comfort and convenience. Bicycle or hike to explore the countryside, relax poolside or enjoy estate wines at the enoteca. Lunch and dinner showcase delectable traditional dishes with Brunello and super Tuscan wines in an elegant yet informal ambience.
Ensconced alongside a medieval castle and surrounded by vineyards, fruit orchards and forest, Castello Banfi Il Borgo offers a peaceful, enchanting escape at a working vineyard. Castello Banfi Il Borgo is located in the southwest corner of the designated Brunello di Montalcino growing area, 16 kilometers west of the small city of Montalcino, and 70 kilometers south of Siena.
Choose from one of 14 elegant rooms housed in stone buildings that surround the hilltop Castello; the medieval fortress, historically known as Poggio alle Mura, in the 17th and 18th centuries when it became safe to live outside of the thick walls and locked gates but prudent to be close for protection. Each room and suite of Il Borgo (small stone buildings village) features breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside and charming details including wooden ceiling beams, terracotta tiled floors, brick arches and complimentary estate wines. Guestrooms feature flat screen television with international satellite programming and radio with a selection of jazz, classical and contemporary music; high-speed internet connection, direct telephone lines, valuables safe, and a well-stocked mini bar with water, beverages, and light snacks. Well-equipped bathrooms feature professional hair driers, towel warmers, large showers with oversized rainfall heads; several have an additional bathtub, and bath amenities include bath foam, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion made from Sangiovese grapes grown on the estate. Each spacious room is painted and furnished in a different color scheme and appointed with eclectic themed artwork; several include a separate dressing area, writing desk and breakfast table.
Castello Banfi has one restaurant at its vineyard estate in Montalcino, Tuscany, offering formal and casual takes on local cuisine. Dining rooms in a historic stone building offer breathtaking views of the rolling Tuscan countryside, with patios for al fresco dining in the shadow of the medieval castle. The Taverna restaurant is open for lunch and for dinner both to visitors and hotel guests who wish a more informal option. Tucked in a quiet corner of the Borgo, an arched room has been set aside to greet the morning with Continental and full Tuscan breakfast, featuring freshly brewed coffee, tea, home baked delicacies and other traditional dishes.
The Reading Room offers a quiet space between the castle’s porticoed courtyard and is furnished with backgammon and chess tables, a small library of the family’s favorite novels and travelogues, comfortable furniture and a warming hearth. Formally planted gardens and a shading pergola provide a tranquil outdoor space in a sun drenched lower courtyard of the Borgo, with dramatic views of the river valley and hills that roll gently toward the sea. The reception area within Il Borgo was once a meeting place for residents who would gather to exchange news and information; today it continues that role in updated fashion for our guests.
Behind the castle’s western wall, a swimming pool is laid into the hillside overlooking lush vineyards and enjoys an envious vantage point for dramatic Tuscan sunsets. An elliptical machine, exercise bicycle and free weights are suited to allow interested guests to continue their normal fitness routine while visiting Castello Banfi.
From among a wide range of customized activities, our concierge can set up hiking and cycling itineraries on the estate and its surroundings; arrange for scenic tours of nearby towns, villages and cities; organize shopping expeditions; and arrange appointments and treatment at nearby spas.
The vineyards are our soul, the winery is our heart. They combine to create one of nature’s most wholesome foods. Healthy grapes yield the purest wines; sulfites and histamines are reduced, creating more organic and taste appealing wines. Our state-of-the-art winery was created to handcraft our wines with advanced technology in lieu of chemistry. Dedicated winemaking: rotary, cask and barrel fermenting, cooling tanks and gravity feed work in tandem. Nitrogen bottling reduces sulfites. Thousands of prime oak barriques selected for the tightest grain and seasoned for an exceptional three years are gently toasted for an hour over a low flame to impart mellow softness.
Castello Banfi Il Borgo offers cooking and wine classes. Our winemakers and sommeliers are available to reveal the character, nuances and origins behind the wines created in our vineyards and nurtured in our winery. At the same time, because wine goes hand in hand culturally with the produce and cuisine of this land, our chefs and their home cook counterparts reveal their skills and their secrets.
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Full a la carte Tuscan breakfast daily is already included in rates and served in our Breakfast Nook
- Choice of one complimentary Wine Tasting for two paired with a tasting plate of Flavours of the Castle, once during stay OR a 40 Euro Wine Shop credit, once per stay (unused portions are non-refundable and not valid towards room rate)
- For stays of 3 nights or more, guests also receive one complimentary luncheon for two, once during stay (Aperitif, 2 courses with 2 paired wines as well as tax and gratuities included)
* Best of the Best, 2016 guide to the World's Best Hotel Experiences. E-mail me today for your complimentary copy presented by Renshaw Travel & Cruise Concepts
loc. Sant'Angelo Scalo
Contact me for the Exclusive Virtuoso Rates!
Ask me about other Virtuoso Member hotels in Florence and around the world!
Ask me about Virtuoso Limo service, tailor-made luxury trips to Italy, escorted group tours, shore excursions, dinner reservations, Antique buying service etc...