What special I can do for you:
- Up-grade your room with my and hotels' compliments.
- Add value of free breakfast, Food & Beverage credit, SPA or Resort credit, welcome drink, exquisite amenity in the room. Expect flowers, fruit, chocolate & champagne, romantic dinner for two. Get spoilt.
- Ensure that you've got the most competitive rate and red carpet treatment in the hand picked high end properties, loveliest room possible, and no extra charges.
My daily passionate job and professional magic-making routine is:- To VIP and enrich your hotel experience as you never experienced before
My professional tools:
- Tremendous personal connections in luxury hotels worldwide
- Virtuoso network, the most exclusive travel network in the world
- Prestigious membership in Bellini Club, preferred partners' program of Orient-Express
- Advantage of being Preferred Partner of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- First-hand knowledge based on 18 years experience and traveling the glob
Sincerely, Julia Kostina, Renshaw Travel Luxury Hotels Specialist, Member of Virtuoso, Member of Bellini Club, Preferred Partner of Four SeasonsVancouver, Kitsilano, West 4th Avenue.
Stepping into the Hôtel de la Cité from Orient-Express is like stepping back in time; you're immediately transported to the medieval history of surrounding Carcassonne. This striking hotel stands between the Romanesque Chateau Comtal and the Gothic Basilica of Saint-Nazaire, making it a popular destination for history and architecture buffs. Within these ancient surroundings, you'll find modern comforts, including air-conditioning, windows that open to the cobblestone streets below I and gourmet dining - La Barbacane is the only Michelin-starred restaurant in the medieval citadel of Carcassonne, famous for its sophisticated cuisine.
The walled city of Carcassonne stands high on a hill above the River Aude, overlooking the valley of Laurageais and the lush Minervois vineyards. It is Europe's largest fortified citadel, each stone a mute witness to its romantic past. Standing between two historic landmarks, the Roman Chateau Comtal and the Gothic Basilica of Saint-Nazaire, the Hotel de la Cite is set in its own glorious gardens. Each of its rooms and suites is individually furnished and decorated in traditional style - matched by modern comfort, and all rooms feature the most up to date facilities including air conditioning, sound-proofing, direct dial telephone and television.
Acquired in May 1997 by Orient-Express Hotels, the hotel now features 61 deluxe guestrooms and suites, many with private gardens and terraces, kitchenettes, pop-up TV's with VCR's, fax machines as well as computer and modem connections.
The redecoration of the hotel has been co-ordinated by the celebrated designers, Gerard Gallet and Jean-Michel Ley. As well as redecorating the hotel's award-winning gastronomic restaurant, La Barbacane, the adjacent library bar and lounge with its historic fireplace and stained-glass cathedral style windows, several new suites have been created on the ground floor overlooking the gardens.
Enjoy fine dining at the 1 star Michelin restaurant La Barbacane; a gourmet French haute cuisine 75 seat restaurant, serving elaborate and sophisticated à la carte dishes. More informal dining is provided for at Chez Saskia, an elegantly redesigned restaurant, offering a more relaxed ambience. Le Jardin de l'Eveque, open in summer only, provides the ultimate in al-fresco dining, allowing guests to sample outstanding French cuisine. Recently listed by the French National Conservation Trust, the new hotel lobby features four large Ourtal paintings, dating back to 1926, that have been brought back to their original splendour. The hotel's unique features, such as 1920's mosaic floors, beamed ceilings, solid oak wainscoting and wrought iron light fixtures, have been restored and together contribute to recreating this former Episcopal Palace's neo-gothic style.
The hotel's tranquil gardens, nestled within the ramparts of the old city, have seen extensive landscaping. The heated outdoor swimming pool is the only existing pool within the citadel and is set against the dramatic backdrop of the Basilica of St. Nazaire.
The renovation project has also added a 120m meeting room, as well as two smaller breakout rooms, all with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment and enjoying natural daylight.
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- One bottle of Cremant, the Ancestor of Champagne
- Daily buffet breakfast for up to two in-room guests
- 12 Noon early check-in, subject to availability
- 4 pm late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary WIFI web access at the bar and lobby area
* Best of the Best, 2016 guide to the World's Best Hotel Experiences. E-mail me today for your complimentary copy presented by Renshaw Travel & Cruise Concepts
Contact me for the Exclusive Virtuoso Rates!
Ask me about other Virtuoso Member hotels in Florence and around the world!
Ask me about Virtuoso Limo service, tailor-made luxury trips to Italy, escorted group tours, shore excursions, dinner reservations, Antique buying service etc...