A WILD ROMANCE: JUST THE TWO OF US…
What to expect on a romantic safari at Ulusaba
A stay at Ulusaba can give you the space you and your partner need to ignite (or re-ignite!) the magic, and we’ve got some great suggestions and ideas for an intimate and private escape in the African bush. Whether you’re on honeymoon or just fancy a romantic break, there are only 21 rooms and suites at Ulusaba split over two lodges, so finding some time alone won’t be a problem.
Game Drives: Nothing gets past our experienced Rangers and Trackers on the twice daily game drives (well, mostly!). There are 13,500 hectares of space to cover, but our Trackers are experts at reading animal tracks, noticing disturbed areas of the bush, and using their sixth sense to take you right to the action. While you’re busy snapping away with your camera, our Rangers will be on hand with interesting facts and stories.
Time to eat: From delicious spreads at breakfast to evening banquets, dining at Ulusaba is designed to cater to your personal tastes. Early morning starts are the norm to catch some of the animals at their most active, so most people stick to coffee, fresh fruit and muffins and indulge when they get back to the lodges. A pre-booked massage treatment or refreshing swim is a great way to build an appetite for our lighter à la carte style lunches, followed by a well-deserved nap. Evening meals at the lodges tend to be a communal affair, but as you’re here to spend some time with each other, we have a few other ideas...
• Lovers’ Picnic: Your Ranger will whisk you away to a secluded location for a romantic picnic lunch – often at Constitution Rock. Trust us, the views are fabulous, and the champagne somehow tastes even better!
• Observatory Private Dinner: We prepare a private meal for two under the stars at our Bush Observatory. Your Ranger will be able to tell you all about the stars visible in the southern hemisphere, and even tell you some more about your own star sign – is your love for your partner written in the stars?!
What else is included?
You’re unlikely to run out of things to do at Ulusaba, but we do recommend indulging in a few spa treatments during your stay, and so as part of our romance offer for couples we’ve come up with some suggestions below:
• A spa treatment for two: Our Aroma Boma Devotional Journey is 60 relaxing minutes where you and your partner light a candle together as a symbol of your union and you both receive a full body massage
• Romantic bath time experience: We prepare your room with a special romantic turndown service and supply you with a selection of bath oils for a romantic evening in – there’s room in the bath for two and of course the champagne will be on ice.
What are the rates? Please click here.
Book a romantic break at Ulusaba and all the following is included:
• 3 nights’ accommodation for two with extra nights available
• All food and beverages
• All game viewing
• A fruit basket and champagne in the room on arrival
• The Aroma Boma Devotional Journey spa treatment for two (60 minutes)
• Lovers’ Picnic private lunch on a day of your choosing
• Romantic bath time experience on an evening of your choosing
• Private dinner on the last evening complete with own personal butler
• Complimentary space-available upgrade
• Gift on departure
Ulusaba reserves the right to change the rates at any time and supplements and minimum stays may apply during peak periods.